You’ve just bought your first home espresso machine. You’re now wondering what items you’ll require to become a barista at home and use an espresso machine. Congratulations! It’s exciting to own the latest espresso machine. Here’s a list essential items for your coffee maker at home.
Certain of these items could or not be included with your espresso maker. However, this is a complete list of what you’ll require each time you use your coffee maker and the other periodic accessories you’ll require.
1. Tamper – If you do not include a tamper in your device, it’s one of the things you’ll need to purchase in the near future. Tampers are available in various sizes, so you should get one that matches your container for removing waste. In the final section of this post there are a few that we’ve selected to help you.
2. The knock box did not start with a knocker, however it’s something that we purchased because you require the soft edge of the knock box to be able to tap your portafilter, without harming it. If you place the knock box against an exterior wall, you might want to put something on top of it to guard the wall as small spills can stain the back of the box very quickly.
3. Mat to tamp on The mat you’ll need to tamp must be even and flat. A mat made of silicone or rubber with a smooth surface that is clean easily is the ideal mat to accomplish this task.
4. Milk jug: One of the essential accessories to the espresso maker at home includes the milk pitcher. To pour the frothed and steaming milk precisely to create latte art the milk jug that steams is crucial. It needs a handle to manage the steaming milk, as well as an spout that taper. There are a few slight differences in designs, however the large spout that is round will not aid in controlling the pouring you’ll require.
5. Jug for water filtering – In the city of London which is a place where water is particularly hard and hard to drink, we’ve found it beneficial to own a water filter Jug.
6. Cleaning products and decaling The next set of products you’ll need is a collection of cleaning supplies. There’s the routine cleaning that you’ll require cleaning products to use for. There is also the less frequently descaling of equipment needed to complete.
When searching for the latest reviews of coffee accessories and gizmos head on over to The Coffee Bros.
Of course, you’ll require cleaning products and materials for your regular wipe downs. Here’s the list you need to include within your kitchen.
a. Tablets or cleaning liquids to clean the espresso machine
b. Cleaning liquid for the milk wand
c. Descaling liquid/tablets
D. Grinder cleaner
E. Towel to wipe milk wand
Other great reasons equipment items to have are
1. Electronic weighing scale for those who want to accurately measure the coffee grind
2. Thermometer is a must if you are looking to know temperatures of milk.
3. Electric Kettle is useful for heating cups.